Hey everyone,
I've had it on my mind that Ben and I are going to take a road trip this summer. It will be a graduation present to myself, plus a fun vacation for the both of us. I really would love to go to New York since I've never been there. I think it would be fun to visit all the history that is in the area. Yet, after watching a special on Yellowstone National Park, I began to rethink my decision. I always have chances to see the city. So, Ben and I might go to Yellowstone. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, do any of you have suggestions for where I should go? What I should visit?
5 comments:
Ashely,
We were at Yellowstone this past summer and it was awesome! It is so beautiful! We were staying at Eli's aunts cabin that's about 40 miles away, but I think it would be so cool to camp inside the park and do the hikes and stuff. It really is unlike any place I've ever seen. I think if you are planning on camping you need to reserve a site pretty early, so probably start looking now. Old Faithful was so cool and so was all the wildlife and such. New York will always be there, but Yellowstone is a huge volcano that could blow at anytime, so you'd better go now!!!!
Yes, Ashley go to a huge volcano that could blow at any time... :) I haven't been to Yellowstone in years, but I remember it was really cool. The Teton Mountains are really incredible. You can do some river rafting there that would be fun. I have one suggestion, on your way there, you need to stop at Mount Rushmore! It is one of my favorite places. I've been there 3 times, and I am thinking it is almost time for another trip, my kids have never been. Also, if you go to Yellowstone, let me know when, and if you want company we would love to meet you there . It isn't a very long drive for us, maybe 6 hours. Remember, if you are coming out west, Utah has a ton of outdoor things to do in the summer, in the Mountians, and you could stay for free at my house. Annd we have indoor plumbing... :)
And if you go sometime in July, I will be out west and could possibly participate in the hooking up! Ben will love all the extra adoration from my horde of little women!
I love the suggestions :) Now it is just a wait and see. I'm not sure when I will actually be able to do a vacation. I have a summer job where I maaaay be working directly for a school district! :-D I cannot do ANYTHING to screw up their impression of me during then. It may not be until August, unfortunately.
I might be too scared to go to Yellowstone after watching 2012 the other day.. Yikes! lol..if you come to NYC, maybe that would give me a good excuse to get up there and meet up with you! It's only 9ish hours from us...No matter where you go, I hope you get to take a trip..But what about Ben, doesn't he hate car trips? poor guy!
Post a Comment