The buzz around Milwaukee, WI is "THE GREAT BLIZZARD OF 2011." Apparently, it was pretty bad. I didn't get to appreciate the grand snow storm because I was bundled up inside with the flu. I know it was a blessing because I got not one, but two snow days to get better. Another "blessing" our car broke down Thursday morning. Ben was able to get that fixed. But you see, this all could have happened when I needed to be at school for student teaching. That would have been horrific. I didn't have to miss three days of student teaching either, only one. (I"m still sick unfortunately).
I did walk outside Wednesday, after the blizzard, despite being ill. I had to see what it was like outside. The front end of my car was covered. The snow on the passengers side went up to the passenger's side windows. Of course that was a drift, but still! We received 18"-21". My in-laws actually witnessed a glass enclosure (which sits at bus stops) get picked up and thrown to the ground. Yes, all the glass shattered. That didn't happen by some incredible hulk, it was WIND. That's pretty amazing.
And since the snow is extending all the way to Dallas, I know there are people who aren't going to be able to make it to the Superbowl. I tried to convince Ben to drive to Texas to see if we could score two tickets, but he won't go for it :) hehe. Besides he said tickets can go for like $1,000? Is that true? That's CRAZY.
That's all for now, I'm sick of looking at computers and tvs for three days. I will say this though - The Blizzard of 2011 was a little blessing to Ben and I :) Sometimes there is good that comes with the bad.
(PS - Our car is fixed now :) Well, mostly. The drivers side door handle is still snapped off from last winter...hah)
1 comment:
wow, what a perfect time to be sick, if there is such a thing...While everyone else was getting hit with the blizzard, we had 60 degree weather here in NC! Crazy, huh? Not rubbing it in at all :) Hope you are feeling better, love ya!
Post a Comment