Monday, April 26, 2010

Jury Duty Calls

Well, my Mom is about to turn the big 5-0 this December and she still has yet to be called for jury duty. Here I am, 22, only lived in this city for almost 2 years, and I get the call for jury duty!!! Granted, I live in the big city of Milwaukee. I am positive there is much more crime here than in the little dinky towns of Janesville, Lee's Summit, Cameron, and even Kearney. (Okay, I do not mean dinky in a disrespectful manner, I love ALL those places I just listed). I just think it is a little ironic. I've been here since 9:15 am, it is now 1 pm. I've yet to be called for a court case. I'm starting to get a little bit bored. I have to be here until 5pm, and all day tomorrow! The good thing is this forces me to work on homework that I otherwise would have been putting off. So thank you everyone for having blogs to entertain me when I am sick of reading about symmetries, transformations, constructivism, cooperative learning and all the other stuff I'm learning right now.

I guess I might as well fill you in with my life. Forgive me if I have said this in a previous blog. Ben now has a new job, thank the Lord. He is still LOVING it! :) He works for Teen Challenge. It's a faith based non-profit organization that provides support to people of any age that have life-altering addictions. Specifically, he works in their re-sale shop where all proceeds go to support their cause. He is able to do something he knows very well, retail, while also ministering to the people who work with him. He's the only paid employee, everyone else are "students" enrolled in the Teen Challenge program. I've recently begun volunteering their as well. I love all the women at the store. They have amazing stories and great hearts. I pray the best for them always. I may become a women's supervisor during the summer.

As for me, I'm still in school right now. I'm finishing up the semester with the huge portfolio and presentation I have to do. It is hard work. I also applied for student teaching next year. I can't believe I will be applying for GRADUATION next!! It is so invigorating knowing I will be done soon. I'm also a little afraid, knowing that I could be teaching my own wild 5th grade class of over 30 kids myself pushes me to learn as much as I can now! Speaking of 5th grade, that is the grade I have been in this semester for a day and a half a week plus two full weeks. It will be hard to say good-bye to those kids! :( I love them so much despite the pain in the neck they can be! lol! :) I'll say this - THANK YOU TO PARENTS WHO TEACH THEIR KIDS RESPECT! A lot of elementary/middle school kids do not have this concept modeled for them at home :( It definitely shows its toll when you try to teach.

Well, I guess that is all I will write for now. I'm starting to get sick of looking at the computer. I may just go wonder around this little room I'm stuck in. Hopefully I will be called for a case soon. I think it would be an interesting experience to be on the actual jury panel.

-Ashley-


PS

Interesting Things I've learned lately:

5 of the 1st US Presidents authorized federal funds for evangelism & church planting.

The 1st Continental Congress paid to publish & distribute the BIBLE during the American Revolution.



And on the not so random...

If you are faithful in your relationship to God and with God, He will be faithful to you!!!

1 comment:

Alainarae said...

Ashley, great to hear about what is going on with you! That is crazy you are on jury duty, but how disappointing to not actually be on a jury panel!

Glad to hear you and Ben are loving life! Good luck with the end of school!