Thursday, December 11, 2008

Prayers

Wow, I just love it when God works in my life. I think everyone experiences that season where you feel left alone. Well, I had been in that and I am finally feeling God in my life again. (I'm not saying that He had left earlier... I just wasn't allowing Him in my life very much).

Anyway, Ben and I have a great opportunity that has just opened up to us. I'm asking all of you to pray for us, that we may have wisdom and discernment regarding our decision. I'm not really going to talk about what it is yet, but I'll tell everyone once we've decided what to do!

I'd also like to talk about why being good is not enough. You cannot enter the Kingdom of God simply by being good. I'd been thinking about that a little bit since a discussion we had with Ronda while she was at our house. Also because I heard on the radio there was an advertisement being displayed on transit buses that said, "Why need God, just be good for goodness sake!" So I came to this conclusion after reading the following verse from Ephesians in the New Testament:

". . . And live a life of love just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:2)

Someone cannot expect to enter heaven without having a relationship with Jesus Christ because without Jesus, they do not comprehend what true love is. If you don't understand true love, then how can you possibly be a 'good' person? See, as Christians, we understand that Christ sacrificed himself to save his people, which is true love. Therefore, we must live our lives acting as if they are not our own. We must give our time, attention, and love to others. We must sacrifice. How can someone understand this importance by just being 'good'? To them, good must have several different meanings. I also know that even people who believe in Jesus do not understand how to love others. It's a work in progress for everyone.

So, I encourage everyone to love wholeheartedly as Jesus loves each and every one of us!!!!


Love,
Ashley

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

good luck with your decision..I'm sure if you are both praying to find out what God wants you two to do, you'll find out! I can't wait to find out what it is!

Belcheryl said...

You are so sweet...It is awesome to see the woman you have become...Keep growing..I love that God will never leave us where He found us...Praise Him for that.