I recently read an article by Jon Swanson. He is great. I receive all my daily devotions from him. Every now and then I get one that I'm just like, oh that was nice. Today's devotion was right on the head. Perfect. It was about how sometimes you don't want to pray with the "Dear God" or "My heavenly father" that I know I was taught with. You just want to mumble, complain, be like hey God. Which, when you think about it, I don't think Jesus' disciples talked to Him by saying "Dear Jesus."
Anyway - Here's to Mondays: the feeling of not wanting to start another week, the exhaustion you feel waking up, the headache of knowing you have 5 full days to get through until the weekend.
What is amazing is that by the time Friday rolls around, I know I will feel confidant in the week and what it has produced. It is just these Mondays that are so difficult to get through. Then again, it could have just been today.
1 comment:
Ashley,
First: I'm glad you are blogging again. I like reading your blog.
Second: I LOVE Mondays! I guess that's because as a stay at home mom 7 days a week are basically the same routine for me, with slight variations. I love the weekends because we are all together. But other than that, I don't really like the weekends. I guess it's because I have a good routine during the week that keeps things running smoothly, the house tolerably clean, healthy home cooked meals on the table and kids on a schedule. The weekends I feel like I lose control. TI don't feel like being strict on my routine because I want to relax and give myself a break, but the consequence is on Monday I have a heck of a mess to clean up because I slacked off during the weekend. So, I may be the only person in the world who loves Mondays and the order it brings.
Post a Comment