Thursday, August 6, 2009

Help! Paint Advice Needed!

Hey Everyone!!

I think I've posted pictures of my condo previously on here before. When we first moved in I enjoyed our green walls. However I am now beginning to get sick of the icky green all over the place. Since I know so many of you are great at decorating I need advice with what color I should paint my walls, or if I should just paint one, etc. I know it is hard to go off of just pictures but do your best!!


Here is a picture of our condo before we got our rug, it shows off our beautiful floors.






And here is a picture of our condo with our new rug :) I love it!!!!









This is our entry way. Don't let the white & purple candle throw you off. It's not there anymore :)


Alright all you interior designers! Show me what you got!


-Ashley-

6 comments:

Ronda said...

I vote for that pretty blue in the rug or a nice deep taupey brown color that matches your rug. Then you can do drapes and throws with the red from the rug. I do love a cool refreshing steel blue. Good luck, I'm sure whatever you choose will be as cute as you are.

Annie said...

Although I really like blue too, I have a blue room. I would actually go for a darker color. I also love Chocolate. I think a darker color would offer contrast to your couch and chair. You could use that chocolate brown in the rug, or darken up that taupe color from the rug. When you are at the paint store buy a sample. Lowe's or home depot have little pint size sample you can buy for four or five bucks each. Any way, when you get the sample ask them to mix the taupe color at 200% that should darken it up... you don't have to do 200 that is just a suggestion. You can take the rug to the store and tell them which color you want to match and they can do it no problem. Also, I agree with Ronda to do red drapes and throws and red accessories. You could also, paint the wall behind the couches the chocolate brown, and the rest of the room steel blue.

Annie said...

Or you could paint everything blue like ronda said and get a new slipcover in the dark chocolate.
Can you tell I like the blue and brown combo?

Alainarae said...

annie does like the blue and brown! haha.. I am more of a fan of warm, rich bronze-ish colors on the wall, then colorful accents, like your red or blue. Then you can always have a rich neutral on the wall, and change your accents whenever you feel like it. Also, I think If you do decide for a chocolate brown or deep red, I would choose an accent wall or two, if its a small space. I like steely blue, too! Sorry, I'm all over the place!

Ashley said...

ohhh... I like all of these ideas!! Much better options than those provided by my friends on facebook!!! I hadn't thought of doing a dark taupe! I would love to get red drape :) I will let you know how it looks when I get paint samples.

Unknown said...

I like the blue. I think it's a really pretty color. I agree with the nice taupe colors. Maybe you could do an accent wall in the blue. Let us know what you choose!