I first of all want to say that I had a great Christmas!! I was able to spend a couple days with my parents, Josh, and my grandparents. Then, Ben and I headed to his parents for Christmas Day. We got some great gifts like a blow up air mattress! Now if anyone ever visits us they will have something to sleep on! Finding room to put it is another matter. I guess I'd just have to move the dining room table. I am looking forward to the next season of my life. I seem to be going through a bunch of transitions and I am about to enter into the next major change in my life. Ben is going to be an associate pastor!!!!!!! He had been trying to start a church in Mequon, WI but was told he needed more time and experience. Well, a couple we met at the church plant assessment was looking to plant a church in Oconomowoc, WI which is 45 minutes away from us. They found out that we were denied and decided to ask Ben to be their associate pastor!!! The couple, Don and Nicole are extremely sweet. They are around 35 I believe and just got married a couple months ago. We have a lot in common with them. Don promises to give Ben regular time preaching, so he can get the experience he needs. Plus, we are now able to help in a church plant from scratch! Our hope is that in two years the church in Oconomowoc will be doing well enough to send Ben and I off to start up a church in Mequon. I am now officially a pastor's wife!!!! Of course, I don't fit the stereotypical mold of a piano playing, gospel singing woman. I think I can find a way to work it out though. I do like to sing, but I am not the best at it. So, you can all be praying for Ben and I!!! We're going to run into some tight financial places very quickly. Ben will eventually leave his job to work full time for the church. We have to figure out some way for us to keep our benefits. I'm not worried about it though. I know God will handle everything! I just have to stay focused on my education still. I will be a senior next year, finally!!! Although I still have an extra year to go through.
That is all the updating I am going to do for now! I'm going to go eat pizza and watch Chuck with my wonderful hubby!!!
I love you all and hope you had a Merry Christmas! By the way, there is a present for you all waiting in Kearney.
Love,
Ashley
2 comments:
Ashley,
That is so great for you guys! Congratulations! What an awesome experience for you. Sounds like you guys will be super busy for a while, or probably the rest of your lives. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and you got to see people. This year I really missed our Christmas's of old when we'd all go to Grandma's house and have a big dinner and open presents and play all afternoon. I wish I could have brought Eli to one of those. But that's life. I missed you this Christmas, but I'm glad you had a good one, we did too. And since I'm not going to Kearney anytime soon, can you tell me what the surprise is? Love you!
Cherie
God is good!! Congrats....
Post a Comment